Each year, the UMBC Alumni Association Board of Directors honors a select group of alumni for their professional and personal achievements and service to the University. The board also honors a faculty member for extraordinary teaching and overall impact on students and alumni.
Four types of awards are given: the Outstanding Alumnus/Alumna of the Year Awards, the Distinguished Service Award, the Rising Star Award and the Outstanding Faculty Award. Review the criteria for each award
The 2016 award winners will be honored on Thursday, October 6, 2016, at a special ceremony hosted during UMBC’s Homecoming weekend. Learn more about previous award winners.
- To nominate an alumna/us or faculty member for one of these awards, please use this online form.
- Please be sure to note the award category for your nominee.
- Supplemental information (e.g., resume, curricula vitae, newspaper clippings) should be scanned and e-mailed to email@example.com with a subject line of "2016 Alumni Awards Materials."
- Past recipients of an Alumni Award and current members of the UMBC Alumni Association Board of Directors or the steering committees of the CYA, CBLA, Down and Dirty Dawg Band or Meyerhoff chapters are not eligible for these awards.
- Beginning in 2016, nominations will be considered only for the award year in which they were submitted. Prior submissions were eligible for consideration for up to two consecutive years. Each year, personal and professional information may be updated.
- If the nominee is selected to be honored at the Alumni Awards ceremony, the nominator may be invited to introduce the honoree.
- Only alumni are eligible to make nominations for the faculty award category. Anyone may make nominations for the alumni categories.
- Submit completed application forms and supplementary materials no later than Monday, May 16, 2016. For more information, please contact Amy Dalrymple in the Office of Alumni Relations at firstname.lastname@example.org or 410-455-2276.