The following companies have partnered with the UMBC Alumni Association
to give you the best rates available on insurance, telephone service and
more. You can even get your very own UMBC license plate! Contact the
groups listed below and mention you’re a UMBC alum to get great
Alumni Insurance Program
The program offers a variety of attractively-priced insurance products, most of which are available to alumni, students, faculty, and staff, as well as their spouses, domestic partners, children, parents, and siblings:
- Auto, Home & Renters Insurance: Special rates are available to alumni and family members living in the same household.
- Health Insurance: For those with a temporary or permanent need for coverage, such as the unemployed, self-employed and recent graduates.
- Life Insurance: Long-term protection with great rates and fantastic features. Coverage is available to $50 million.
- Long Term Care Insurance: Intended to protect assets from serious erosion, while allowing access to quality care in the most appropriate and desirable setting.
- Travel Insurance: Travel medical or trip protection insurance options are available for individuals or groups traveling abroad.
- Identity Theft Protection: Protect yourself and your family against identity theft with a comprehensive solution you can count on.
- Pet Insurance: Simple, customizable dog and cat insurance plans are available.
- Special Event: Liability coverage up to $2 million is available for events lasting from a few hours to as much as 10 days.
- Advisory Services: A licensed insurance professional is available, at no charge, to answer questions and provide customized guidance.
For more information visit www.meyerandassoc.com/ma/umbc
or contact the program administrator at 800-635-7801.
- We're excited to share with you a new company we've recently partnered with - Fixt, the fastest on-demand mobile device repair solution. Fixt will send a technician to your office, home, or local coffee shop in just two hours or less. You can view the prices of all repairs on-line or on the app. Click here
to schedule a repair request and click here
if you have questions about Fixt.
UMBC License Plate
UMBC Alumni Association is pleased to offer UMBC affinity license
plates from the MVA to Maryland residents for just $30. Each sale brings
$5 into the Association's program fund, which helps provide services,
events and programs to all alumni. To obtain your application, please
contact the Office of Alumni Relations at 410-455-ALUM, e-mail
email@example.com or download a PDF version
Get special UMBC alumni rates on car and truck rentals by visiting Enterprise online
University of Maryland Cellular Discount Program
wireless services and equipment are now available from Sprint/Nextel
and Cingular to the University System of Maryland . Services and equipment
include cellular telephones, cases, batteries, power cords, chargers,
airtime service, text messaging, voice mail, e-mail, caller
identification, Web access, etc. Telephone devices encompass basic,
standard and advanced levels of equipment. Learn more
UMBC Retrievers Kids Club
Sign your future Retrievers up for a special athletics package that
includes free admission to home games, an official club t-shirt,
basketball birthday parties and more! Learn more
Tuition Discounts at UMBC
– UMBC Training Centers offers a 5% tuition discount to all alumni of
UMBC. This discount is applicable to Information Technology,
Professional Development and Business, Engineering, Biotechnology, and
Test Preparation training courses. A photocopy of the your UMBC ID
is required for verification. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for
Alumni Admissions Referral Program
– In appreciation of the support of our valued donors, the Offices of
Alumni Relations and Undergraduate Admissions have created the Alumni
Admissions Referral Program. This new program offers alumni the
opportunity to continue to share with others the academic excellence of
UMBC. Your genuine spirit and enthusiasm for UMBC allow you to serve as
one of our best ambassadors. Any UMBC alumni donor of the last year will be mailed two application fee vouchers (to waive the $50
admissions application fee) that can be shared with qualified, degree
seeking applicants for UMBC. If you have any questions, would like more
information or to request a voucher, please contact Dale Bittinger
(Director of Undergraduate Admissions) at 410-455-2278 or
email@example.com, or contact Stanyell Odom (Director of Alumni Relations) at 410-455-2632 or firstname.lastname@example.org.